Where is Al-Muizz Street located, and what are the most important historical monuments it contains? One of the questions that we will answer on the انظر حولك article website.
It is considered one of the most important and beautiful historical streets that have existed since the Fatimid era inside Cairo, and it demonstrates the greatness of Islamic history and its architecture.
Where is Al Moez Street?
To answer the question of where Al-Moez Street is located, we explain that it is one of the most important Islamic tourist attractions in Egypt:
- It is located in Cairo, specifically in the Al-Azhar area.
- It is also bordered to the north by Bab al-Futuh, and reaches the area of Khan al-Khalili, al-Nahhasin, and al-Sagha.
- It extends until it reaches Al-Ghuriya, Al-Madq Alley, Al-Fahhamin and Al-Sukariyya.
- We also find that Bab Zuweila borders it to the south.
- It has been called the Great Street and the Great Kasbah.
- It is also one of the oldest streets in Cairo and is therefore a large archaeological museum.
- It is 1,000 years old and has a population of 100,000 people.
- It also contains many Islamic monuments and historical buildings.
- UNESCO has listed this street as a world heritage site.
Read also: Al-Muez Lidin Allah Streetإقرأ أيضا:فندق الماسة العاصمة الإدارية الجديدة القاهرة انظر حولك
The reason for calling it this name
This name was given to Al-Mu’izz Street in reference to Al-Mu’izz Lidin Allah, the Fatimid Caliph:
- He was sent by Commander Jawhar al-Siqilli to Egypt in the year 358 AH.
- The number of Islamic monuments and buildings in it reaches 29 historical landmarks.
- It varies between schools, mosques, avenues, palaces, bimaristans, katebs, and agencies.
- Gates, bathrooms and corners.
- We also find the Sultan Al-Muayyad Mosque, Al-Aqmar Mosque, Qalawun Mosque, and Sultan Barquq Mosque.
- And Sabil and the book of Khosrow Pasha, Muhammad Ali, and the collection of Sultan Al-Ghuri.
- You can also visit the Palace of Prince Bashtak, which is located on this ancient street.
- The Islamic Textile Museum, the Ashrafieh School, and the Mohib al-Din Abi al-Tayeb Hall.
- There is also Prince Taz Palace, the Salihiya School, and the Kamilia School.
- Al-Suhaimi House, which was classified among the most beautiful houses in Cairo, overlooks a spacious courtyard and a picturesque garden.
- With many reception halls with furniture that shows the spirit of the old era.
- Work was done on its construction by Sheikh Abd al-Wahhab al-Tablawi in 1648 AD.
- The construction was also completed by Haj Ismail Celebi in 1796 AD.
I also invite you to learn about: Information about the city of Cairo with picturesإقرأ أيضا:أسعار مدينة الثلج في سيتي ستارز؟ انظر حولك
Historical landmarks on Al-Muizz Street
There are many historical monuments belonging to the Fatimid era in addition to the following Islamic monuments:
- Bab al-Futuh, which was established in 1087 AD to be one of the gates of the walls of Cairo.
- Minister Badr Al-Jamali established it to control all private entrances to Cairo through it.
- It also reaches a height of 22 meters, with towers made of stone and a round facade.
- It has an entrance in the form of a deep cavity between those towers.
- There is also Bab Zuwaila, which is called the Mutawali Gate, which was founded in 1092 AD by Badr al-Din al-Jamali.
- It is considered one of the most famous gates of the walls of Cairo, and its height reaches 24 meters and its width is 25.72 meters.
- The Suleiman Agha Al-Silhdar and Kuttab Mosque is called the pearl of the region with its architectural style and Islamic monuments.
- It is also one of the rarest, most important and most magnificent mosques and was built in 1837 AD.
- It was founded and built by Prince Suleiman Agha Al-Salahdar during the reign of Muhammad Ali Pasha.
- Work on its construction was completed in 1839 AD.
- We also find Al-Hakim Bi-Amr Allah Mosque, which comes in second place in the list of the largest mosque in Cairo in terms of expansion.
- It was built in 990 AD during the Fatimid era of Al-Aziz Billah.
- Work on its foundation and construction was completed in 1013 AD by Al-Hakim Bi-Amr Allah.
You can also see: Pictures of tourism in Egyptإقرأ أيضا:نصائح هامة للسائحين عند زيارة مصر انظر حولك